Body Massage (Abhyangam)
Abhyanga is a significant part of Ayurvedic medicine that involves skilled practice to massage the body with various herbal medicated oils. It is considered an ancient physical therapy and alone a remedy for many health conditions. Abhyanga- a kind of self-love to nurture the body and mind.
Abhyanga comprises two Sanskrit words
Abhi (towards) Anga (Movement)
A synchronized body massage with warm herbal oil in the direction of blood flow to achieve a deep feeling of stability and warmth. It is considered as a part of our daily routine recommended by Ayurvedic Physicians to maintain optimal health.
This is a special type of oil massage in which strokes are given according to the circulatory channels for 45 minutes per day for 14 days. This treatment is very useful for obesity, loss of skin texture, sleeplessness, fatigue, other Vata predominant diseases etc
How is Kerala Ayurvedic Massage Performed?
Abhyangam can be performed in several classical positions. At Panchakarma Guru, it is done in 7 different classical positions with long flowing strokes. Some Ayurvedic centers perform it in 4 positions. The number of strokes used and amount of pressure applied during massage varies based on the individual’s requirements and ‘Prakriti.’ The herbal oil used for it is customized as per the patient’s Prakriti and presenting conditions. Ayurvedic Massage can be performed as a stand-alone therapy or as a precursor to another therapy regimen; it can be performed by a single therapist or by two therapists working in synchronization.
Choose the Right Oil:
It is always good to choose special herbal oil recommended by Ayurvedic Doctors or as per your Dosha.
- Sesame oil is very good Vata balancing
- Coconut oil in Pitta Dosha imbalance
- Mustard to restore Kapha Dosha.
Benefits of Abhyanga:
In Ayurveda, Abhyanga is considered an integral part of the Dinacharya/ Daily routine. The benefits are priceless as the body feels the experience of being loved.
- Refreshes rejuvenate the whole body and delay the effects of Aging
- Improves Sleeping Pattern
- Tone, soften, hydrate the skin, and increases luster, glow, and Aura
- Enhances circulation and restores immunity
- Pacifies Vata Dosha also balance Pitta and Kapha
- Increases Stamina and Vitality
- Removes fatigue
- Improves eyesight
- Induces longevity
- Induces sleep
- Provides resistance against disease and disharmony
- Improves complexion and luster of the skin
- Provides resistance against injuries and gives the power to recover quickly
- Subsides ailments caused by Vata dosha and Kapha dosha
- Increases physical strength
- Removes Stress, Anxiety, Depression and calms the central nervous system
- Increases flexibility and helpful in Musculoskeletal disorders
- Strengthens the body tolerance and enhances vision
- Enhances Yoga and Meditation skills and deepen the experience.
- Complete privacy and peace of mind
- Comfort of your own home, feel more relaxed, focused, and in-tune
- Ease & Convenience – save you time and money spent on traveling
- Consult anytime, from anywhere!
- From the comfort of your home
- Date & time of consultation, of your choice
- Face-to-face meeting with a Specialist doctor
- Panchakarma Treatment, Ayurveda treatment, medicines & wellness
- products under one roof
Meet Our Experts
दोषा एव हि सर्वेषां रोगाणामेककारणम्।
Means – The philosophy behind Ayurveda is that all disease is caused by an imbalance of energy in the body.
Renowned Consulting Ayurveda Panchakarma Physician, Dermatologist & Sexologist: Dr. Shivram Sinwar
B.A.M.S., M.D.(Ayu.), P.G.D.Y.N.
Super Specialist in Ayurveda Panchakarma, Skin & Sexual Problems
Expert in all chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders
Expert in Allergy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Immune problems
Expert in P.C.O.D., Thyroid, Obesity, Slip Disc and Paralysis treatment