Vashapa Swedana - Fomentation
Swedana is a steam treatment explained in Ayurvedic medical science. The word Sweda is derived from Sanskrit swid, meaning ‘to sweat or to perspire’. So swedana is the process of inducing sweat with the help of steam, generated from medicated herbal decoctions.
It is the pre-operative procedure in various Ayurvedic detox therapies where the objective is to dilate the channels of the body to detach the toxins from the tissues. Ayurvedic fomentation is usually given after an oil massage.
Practitioners of various health care across the world recommend many kinds of non-medicated water steam for various reasons which proves to be effective, whereas the steam from the medicated water from various Ayurvedic herbs has its own several benefits which dislodge the toxins from the body.
Vashpa sweda (Ayurveda steam) helps to mobilize the accumulated Ama (body wastes-toxins) from different body channels and eliminates it out of the body through sweat.
The vashpa sweda, one of the pre-operative procedure of Panchakama therapy is mainly aimed at removing the toxins from the body. Steam bath is supported by the different steam boxes, where a person can take a sitting or lying down posture. Fully medicated steam is passed to the chamber so that the person gets his body below the neck completely bathed in medicated steam in addition to removing toxic wastes.
Treatment is continued till the forehead and abdomen sweat very well. After the completion of procedure person has to take shower with hot water. Food which is warm, unctuous and light is given after one hour of sudation.
It is always good to choose special herbal oil recommended by Ayurvedic Doctors or as per your Dosha.
- Sesame oil is very good Vata balancing
- Coconut oil in Pitta Dosha imbalance
- Mustard to restore Kapha Dosha.
Benefits of Abhyanga:
In Ayurveda, Abhyanga is considered an integral part of the Dinacharya/ Daily routine. The benefits are priceless as the body feels the experience of being loved.
- Refreshes rejuvenate the whole body and delay the effects of Aging
- Improves Sleeping Pattern
- Tone, soften, hydrate the skin, and increases luster, glow, and Aura
- Enhances circulation and restores immunity
- Pacifies Vata Dosha also balance Pitta and Kapha
- Increases Stamina and Vitality
- Removes fatigue
- Improves eyesight
- Induces longevity
- Induces sleep
- Provides resistance against disease and disharmony
- Improves complexion and luster of the skin
- Provides resistance against injuries and gives the power to recover quickly
- Subsides ailments caused by Vata dosha and Kapha dosha
- Increases physical strength
- Removes Stress, Anxiety, Depression and calms the central nervous system
- Increases flexibility and helpful in Musculoskeletal disorders
- Strengthens the body tolerance and enhances vision
- Enhances Yoga and Meditation skills and deepen the experience.
- Complete privacy and peace of mind
- Comfort of your own home, feel more relaxed, focused, and in-tune
- Ease & Convenience – save you time and money spent on traveling
- Consult anytime, from anywhere!
- From the comfort of your home
- Date & time of consultation, of your choice
- Face-to-face meeting with a Specialist doctor
- Panchakarma Treatment, Ayurveda treatment, medicines & wellness
- products under one roof
Meet Our Experts
दोषा एव हि सर्वेषां रोगाणामेककारणम्।
Means – The philosophy behind Ayurveda is that all disease is caused by an imbalance of energy in the body.
Renowned Consulting Ayurveda Panchakarma Physician, Dermatologist & Sexologist: Dr. Shivram Sinwar
B.A.M.S., M.D.(Ayu.), P.G.D.Y.N.
Super Specialist in Ayurveda Panchakarma, Skin & Sexual Problems
Expert in all chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders
Expert in Allergy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Immune problems
Expert in P.C.O.D., Thyroid, Obesity, Slip Disc and Paralysis treatment