Ayurveda has given more stress on the preservation of the health and curing of disease. To get perfect physical and mental health it is essential to follow a prescribed regimen every day which includes personal hygiene, care of various organs, and exercise.
Padabhyanga is an Ayurvedic foot massage (Pada=foot and Abhyanga=massage) that is soothing, revitalizing, calming, and balancing various disturbances of the autonomic nervous system. It is basically explained as a daily ritual especially before retiring at night. Ayurveda says that five marmas ( vital areas) out of 107 marmas are located in each foot. The feet are a very important part in our body as it contains many nerve endings. Padabhyanga releases negative energy from these marmas. So pada abhyanga is central to our health and wellbeing. Foot massage holds a sacred place in Ayurveda and Indian culture as touching the feet shows deep respect for elders. Sesame oil is most commonly used for foot massage. Sesame oil is a powerful antioxidant, is easily absorbed, and is very nourishing for the skin. Depending on the condition of the person medicated oil or medicated ghee can also be used.
- Helps to calm the mind
- Relaxes and revitalizes the central nervous system
- Helps maintain eyesight and hearing
- Promotes quality sleep
- Improves peripheral circulation
- Removes fatigue of the lower limbs
- Helps prevent sciatica
- Removes contraction of the ligaments, vessels, and muscles of the feet
- Provides sturdiness to the limbs
- Helps to calm and maintain the “Vata Dosha” which, when present in excess, is regarded as the major cause of illness
It is useful in the following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Hemiplegia and paraplegia
- Sprains, cramps, numbness of the feet and legs
- Roughness and cracking of feet
How it works
- Stimulates internal organs and improves vitality. Stimulation of vital points on feet induces deep metal relaxation and faster body revitalization.
PadAbhyanga Massage is used in management of following conditions at Panchakarma Guru Clinic
Relieves pains and aches by relaxing muscles and ligaments.
Stimulates some vital points in feet which lead to mental relaxation.
Stimulation of special vital points on the feet effectively improves blood and lymph circulation. This accelerates the removal of waste and helps in body-detoxification.
Padabhyangam is done as a precursor to other treatments that are used to treat gastric problems. It mainly serves to prepare and relax the body.
Padabhyangam relaxes muscles and ligaments in the lower limbs.
Padabhyangam is beneficial several health problems that arise with increasing age. Padabhyangam is effective in reducing aches and pain in lower extremities, relaxing body and mind and also in improving vision.
Padabhyangam stimulates some vital points on feet and stimulate internal organ. This helps in expelling the toxins out from the body. This special Ayurvedic herbal foot massage stimulates the production of white blood cells that play a very vital role in immunity.
Padabhyangam is known to stimulate some special regions in the brain that lead to mental relaxation and improve mental health.
- Complete privacy and peace of mind
- Comfort of your own home, feel more relaxed, focused, and in-tune
- Ease & Convenience – save you time and money spent on traveling
- Consult anytime, from anywhere!
- From the comfort of your home
- Date & time of consultation, of your choice
Meet Our Experts
दोषा एव हि सर्वेषां रोगाणामेककारणम्।
Means – The philosophy behind Ayurveda is that all disease is caused by an imbalance of energy in the body.